PE and Sport Funding
In September 2013 the Government introduced new funding for physical education (PE) and sport for schools to improve the quality and breadth of the provision for all pupils ages 5-11 and help develop healthy lifestyles. The funding is allocated to primary school head teachers and must be used to improve the provision of PE and school sport.
With the funding received to date our schools have been able to:
- provide weekly after-schools sports activities at school for children of all ages, covering a variety of different sports;
- provide additional and specialist sports or adventure activities in curriculum time;
- purchase specialist resources to broaden the sporting opportunities available to our pupils in school;
- provide opportunities for our pupils to take part in inter-school competitions;
- invest in quality sports coaching and specialist sports training for staff;
- offer lunchtime sporting activities to children of all ages;
A video of our children enjoying some of the adventure activities, funded by the school sport grant, which they took part in during the autumn term 2014 can be viewed on our blog page.
The links below provide further details about our Sport Premium, including a summary of the sporting opportunities offered by our schools for the current and previous academic years: